The theme for tonight incorporated ideas from our most recent Sunday night event - LIGHT which you can read about further down this blog. On the last Sunday of November we worked with light artist Chris Levine who uses lasers in his art and this sparked an idea for a hut installation using similar techniques to try and recreate a starlight experience on the beachfront.
The theme for tonight was Oh Holy Night, a carol all about the light of Christ coming into the world.
- O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
- It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
- Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
- 'Til He appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
- A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
- For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
- Fall on your knees! O, hear the angels' voices!
- O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
- O night divine, O night, O night Divine.
- Led by the light of Faith serenely beaming,
- With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
- So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming,
- Here come the wise men from Orient land.
- The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger;
- In all our trials born to be our friend.
We also appeared on BBC TV tonight showing a few of the beach huts (including some previews for those of you who don't want the surprise spoiled) talking about the whole project and the aims of BEYOND. You can see the piece here BBC Local News